I have compiled a list of my favorite resources to help you skillfully navigate both the inner and outer game of work and life. I'm always looking to add fresh and diverse voices to the list. Please let me know if you think I have missed an especially good one.
- The Swing Shift, a Seattle based resource for women to learn the nuts and bolts of transitioning back to work.
- ThirdPath Institute, helps people and organizations redesign work to create time for family, community, and other priorities
- Human Workplace, an employee positive coaching site from a pioneer in human resources with a ton of free articles
- Hermina Ibarra, career transition thought leader
- Women Don't Ask, a great resources on why it is so important for women to negotiate in the workplace
- Jenny Girl Friday can help you sort out nearly every aspect of being self-employed
- The Inc, Seattle-based co-working with onsite childcare. Onsite childcare!!!!
- The Riveter, Seattle-based co-working and event space for women. Soon to expand around the country.
- Judith Glaser, communications coaching for business
- Harvard Business Review, a classic
- Simon Sinek, pioneer in the "discover your why" trend
- You Need A Budget, the best darn budgeting software out there
- Local Investing Resource Network, a fresh take on investing your money
- Lynn Twist, leader of the Soul of Money Institute
- Dan Siegel, MD, psychiatrist specializing in attachment
- Conscious Transitions, psychologist who specializes in transition
- Steve Hughes, PhD, LP, ABPdN, pediatric neuropscyhologist education and brain development expert
- Nadia Bolz-Weber, progressive Lutheran Pastor
- Layla Saad -- Centers the stories and spirituality of women of color
- Center for Action and Contemplation, focusing on Christian mysticism and contemplation
- Jon Kabat-Zin, mindfulness expert
- Anne Lamott, spiritual author